TFMarkeplace buys transformers from all generations. We prefer G1 US releases but will look at items from overseas as well as non G1 items. If you are looking to sell your entire collection or just a few items please contact us via the contact us page. We try to negotiate fair price based upon a percentage (40-75%) of what the figures can be retailed for on our site or eBay, as well as the popularity of that figure (Fort Max, Gift Sets w/ boxes, BotCon Figures, Scorponok, items on the wants list, etc will bring more than items that are easily found or are in stock).
How we determine what we offer for the figures
The most important things for us when it comes to determining pricing on items is completeness, condition, and if they have the boxes. The more complete an item is, the more money it’ll bring you. If you have an offer from another site to buy your collection, send it to us and if it’s something we’re interested in, we’ll beat their offer. We buy items for cash, store credit, or a combination of both. Please keep in mind that all online offers will be estimates until we see the items.
How to sell/trade to us
If you have a large quantity of items to sell and all the information won’t fit in the submission form, please contact me via the contact form and we’ll work out arrangements. I also work over the phone if you are more comfortable with that.
Why sell to us instead of listing it on eBay?
Several questions to ask yourself:
- How’s your feedback?
- Do you have time to write a complete description, including completeness and conditions?
- Do you have the time to list, pack and ship the items?
- Will you be able to give buyers full answer to their questions? If not then your auction probably won’t receive the highest bid.
- What do you do if someone wants to return something? eBay and PayPal both offer buyer protection for buyers who may feel an item isn’t what they expected. This can cause you to lose money and time if a buyer files a complaint because they feel like the product wasn’t accurately represented
IF you would like to sell, please include the following information when submitting your figures:
- Name of the figure. (To identify your figures, click here)
- Parts included (To identify parts, click here)
- If you are unsure whether or not the figure is complete, I can direct you here to determine if the parts are all there
- Paperwork (if any) included with the figure (instructions, tech specs, mail away forms, etc)
- Description (color quality, sticker quality, broken/missing parts, and joint quality)
***Note: I will insist on you sending me the items first or using a third party escrow services. Charges from the shipping and/or escrow service can be split depending on the size of the transaction (I DO NOT do this for trades). Once the items are received and are approved of, the credit/check/PayPal payment will be issued to you.
I will trade for a lot of different things, but please note, the trade will typically be in my favor since you are approaching me (unless it’s an item I need for my personal collection). i.e. I will not trade a left foot/hand for a right one or a one for one figure trade as I’m out the cost of shipping and you get an even trade for what you wanted/needed. Contact me with your list items you’re interested in trading and I’ll get back to you with an amount. Any amount offered will usually be less than the cost of a similar item for sale. As stated above, I will beat anyone’s offer out there, so you should find that we offer the highest trade in values.
I do not do foreign trades unless they are GREAT deals and/or an item that I REALLY need (it usually will need to be multiple items to make it worth my while)
***Note: I must insist on you sending me the items first or using a third party escrow services. Once the items are received and are approved of, the item/credit will be sent to you